My dog ate my glasses.

Guilty of eating my glasses.

She did. I left them on my bed and she ate them. The lenses are no longer connected to the frame and they’ve got big teeth marks in them. The frame has bits bitten off the ends of the arms and is nothing like the shape it should be.

Anyone want to buy a one-year-old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel?!?!

nonsense, cavalier king charles, spaniel, dog

1. Kelly

Funny thing, I looked up “my dog ate my glasses” and this is the first thing that came up. The same thing happened to me last night except you faired better. I can only find one lens, it has teeth marks in it, and the entire front of the frame is missing. This sucks to say the least.

2. Stacie
    Posted 9 years ago // Permalink

I just did the same thing- googled “my dog ate my glasses” because I just spent the last half hour having a sob party because that’s what happened to me. A six month old puggle. I think I could kill him! They were brand new, because he in fact ate my last pair. ARGH!

3. xandria

Apparently more than one person has the same problem as me.
    Because once again, i googled “my dog ate my glasses”. And this was the first thing to come up. My dog destructed mine last night plus there new! she had ate my last pair as well.

🙁 life sucks.

4. Laura

my dog ate my glasses too! still crying actually, i left them on the counter to go get the lens cleaner in my room, and when i came out he was sitting under the table eating them…when i got them out of his mouth, both lenses were cracked. =(

5. Corey

My dog ate my glasses too, luckily i got two pairs for $99. Except she did eat my favorite pair.

6. Miserable

My dog ate my glasses exactly two weeks ago. So I sucked it up, told myself it was time anyway because they were old frames and lenses. I got a new eye exam done, and I bought a nice designer pair of frames! It was a great day of spending hundreds of dollars on something I’ll wear every day for the next few years. It was like a special me day. For the past two weeks, I’ve been receiving compliments on how great I look. I felt really good about it.

Until this morning, when I found my brand new designer pair under the bed, mangled. Can’t afford to replace them. Been crying ever since.

7. Arturo

OMG I knew there was going to be more people with the same problem!
    These dogs are vicious I tell you, they know exactly when to go for it.
    I was like OK, so lets spend 400 bucks on my next pair, like the person above I figured they were going to last 3 centuries… lenses were anti glare and all.

NOW I come up with the freaking flu, and was too tired to put the glasses on the case, but I guess no matter how tired one is, we still have to find the case and play it safe!

the frame is all deformed, the right lense remained in place (all scratched up though), and the other one dissapeared forever! (i think she swallowed it)

I was pissed, did any of you guys feel like killing your dog? *raises hand* I DID!

she is the one to blame for my headaches now, and she fkn knows it!

ALL COLLEGE WORK ON THE COMPUTER HAS STOPED UNTIL I GET ME A PAIR OF CHEAP GLASSES N MY LOCAL SUPERMARKET!

dam nthat really sucks to have your glasses eaten.. especially since you wouldnt think that they are edible… you dont need to sell your dog tho’ .. you can train him rather easily im sure

9. sarah

I typed the same thing anyone else did and got this my parents insurence was about to expire and i went out and spent alot a money on a nice pair of glasses that should last me until i could get my own insurence well i was having a bad day already and i when i went to put my glasses on and they weren’t on my nightstand where i always leave them well i found them across the room now they are mangled and although i can put them one the one arm is down to the wire inside and one of my lenses has teeth marks on it gah what am i going to do

10. alyssa

i was so angry when my rottweiler ate both my backup glasses and the new ones i just bought. But im kind of worried now because she ate them last night and today she is having bladder problems. She keeps having to go outside to pee but nothing is happening… she squats but only a little dribble comes out. Does anyone think her stomachs upset with the glasses or is it an infection?

I had one that ate my bluetooth twice as well as two pair of glasses. LOL

12. Fay

Got sent this in a mocking email from boyfriend/owner of the destructive puppy. A whole pair of glasses, bent, one lense out chomped in half with flecks of glass missing (Severe worry for the dog’s stomach and vet bills..) Damn that dog!
    NHS don’t cover me for another year, so also had to fork out £87 for a new pair. (thankyou student discount!)

13. Karen

Three pairs so far. Angel in in her crate once again. I don’t know what to do. I am guarding my Takumi’s with my life as I am into bifocals. she also likes tide pens. Angel is a miniature black poodle. she is a virgo bitch. I fell in love with her. when I bought her she was 6months old, she hoisted herself up my body with her hind legs and kissed me on my face. what a sucker for love am I.

14. T.C.

I have a Basset Hound that has now eaten 4 of my bluetooth headsets…. Will chew other stuff but hunts and finds the bluetooth. The last one was in the middle of a table among several other “edible” items and ate the bluetooth… Can’t figure it out…

15. Roxy
    Posted 7 years, 1 month ago // Permalink

I told one of my clients about my mishap and he goggled it and found this site…
    I just adopted a 2 year old Australian Cattle Dog and the other morning went to shower. When I got out to put my glasses on they were in about 20 piece on the carpet. There was nothing left but the lens with teeth marks in it! what kills me is he had just gone out to play in the dog park and had just eaten his breakfast!! 🙁 Now I am trying to work blind until I can get to the eye doctor.

Posted 7 years, 1 month ago // Permalink

Roxy, I assume “Australian Cattle Dog” is what we call a Kelpie. They’re great dogs! Sorry about the glasses and thanks for dropping by 😉

I’ve never had my dog eat my glasses before…but I’ve had some other strange things eaten and chewed to oblivion. Dogs generally like to chew on things. Sounds like she got a little carried away.

LOL, maybe your not giving her enough food or you have done something wrong to her! Just wondering, what does the eyeglasses takes like why dogs love eatnig them?!

19. Trish

My dog ate my glasses, I’m worried because she ate the lenses and part of the metal frames! I hope she will be ok, I don’t care about the glasses i need new ones anyway, but i am scared she might have internal damage :'(

I guess you don’t need to sell your dog, just be careful next time. Don’t leave your things unattended. Lesson learned.

And I thought that this is just a joke! What’s with the glasses why dogs love to eat it? Do they have flavors or any yummy taste?

I wouldn’t recommend getting a Cocker Spaniel either. Our beloved furry housemate Pongo ate my car keys last month. We searched for days. Luckily he managed to get rid of them the natural way, after the vet gave him some meds 🙂

23. Rose

OMG I was furious until now that I found all U people with my same problem. My lens did not have 6 months, but my Jack Russell Terrier ate my glasses. Tomorrow I will try to check if they can be repaired, and I loved these ones…. I found at a website that buying them a heavy toy to chew would help with biting habits.

Also, that cheweing things with people scent reveals their needs to be with you. So next time don’t get rid of them, intead be more with them or put one of your dirty clothes next to them…..

24. Roe

My beagle ate my lense he is 8 months old. I heard him chomping on something in the corner and something told me to get up and look and sure enough I found a piece of glass on the floor. I tried to get the rest of the glass out of his mouth Which did not make him happy he almost ripped off my thumb in the process. I hope his insides aren’t destroyed. Due to him I now have to walk around blind. Thank you SAGE (the devil dog beagle)

25. Missy

I know how you guys feel. Last night I let my 1 yr old Beagle sleep in my bed with me and I gave her her bone, I woke up in the middle of the night to hear her chewing on something and I figured it was just her bone. Well when I woke up tihis morning I found my glsses in pieces like legit peices and its $300 to replace them…I cant see anything because I have a lazy eye, near sighted, and a stigmatism.

(Sorry if there is any spelling errors. i cant see what I’m typing. Lol)

26. lori

my dog ate my glasses too!

have any of you had problems with your dogs after this?
    will it pass through?
    have any of you had vet bills due to this?

i am worried about my dog.

27. Jacqueline Zapatka

Like most people above, my adorable little pug ate a 4th pair of glasses the other day. I couldn’t believe it. Untl I saw this sight, I though I had the most ill-mannered dog in the world. I was dumbfounded about why she would chew my glasses when she doesn’t chew anything else except her toys. I heard that my smell is concentrated in the nose pads and is irresitable to her. The only good news is I brought this last pair back into the store and they were able to put them back together perfectly. It was a miracle. It pays to buy scratch resistant lenses.

28. Reashel
    Posted 2 years ago // Permalink

Good grief. Took off my glasses and put them on the end Table and went into the rest room to clean my toppers. Not 10 seconds later my son yells that the dog has something. Run out and he has my only glasses in his mouth. I got off lucky only a few teath marks in the lens. Still in the 10months we have had him he has never touched them till today. Sigh. My bad for thinking they were safe.

29. ang
    Posted 1 year, 1 month ago // Permalink

I got my glasses an hour ago… I leaned forward they fell off my face and my golden lab jumped right on them… there are huge bite marks in them and my parents are going to kill me

30. Devin
    Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago // Permalink

My dog has probably chewed up close to $1,000 worth of glasses so far. He ate 3 of my prescription glasses (two fo them in less than a month) 2 of my wife’s prescription glasses, 3 pairs of Oakleys sun glasses, and probably about 3 pairs cheap $20 sunglasses. You’d think I would have learned to keep them safe by now, but it keeps happening.

31. Terry R
    Posted 3 months, 4 weeks ago // Permalink

My goldendoodle has eaten two of my eyeglasses and two of my mother’s. It is $200 or more to replace them. She can be adorable. It took forever to housebreak her. Countless vet bills because she swallowed RX drugs. I don’t know what to do. I have taken her to trainers. I don’t want to get rid of her. I have had dogs all my life but never had this trouble.