It’s time for Melbourne (AU) bloggers to get together!

Darren Rowse and I were talking today about the great time he had in Sydney — and more recently in NY — at some blogger meetups. So, it’s time for Melbournians to get together too!

If you’re from this neck of the woods and keen to sip lattés with, and chat to other keen bloggers, there is no greater opportunity than this.

The meetup.com group page is here, and if you’re not a member there, you need to be 🙂

We’re presently working out the details of the next meeting, which will partly be determined by the results of a poll we’re running on people’s preferred night of the week for a meeting.

A big hat-tip needs to go to Jon Yau who was the former convener of this group, and who worked hard to get the initial ball rolling. Well done, mate!

meetups, meetup.com, melbourne, darren rowse, problogger, alister cameron, jon yau, australian blogs, australianblogs, blogs, melbourne australia, melbourne blogs

But Al, I thought you were going to keep this group a secret! 🙁

😉 😛

by the way… your tongue-poking-out smiley doesn’t seem to be working…

Great! I posted a message on my blog today about the very same thing, calling for Melbourne Bloggers to make contact. I’m in!

OT & ProBlogger Cross Post.

Since everyone reading this thread will likely be a Melbournian, perhaps you can fill me in on something?

Why is the Docklands (The current destination at my virtual tour blog) virtually deserted? I spent a few days there in November shooting virtual tours etc, and the place was a ghost town. And yet it’s a beautiful place, so what gives?

I have a few ‘southern’ friends, and they talk about things like the ‘vibe’ of a place. Whenever a place was pointed out with ‘vibe’ what I usually saw was dirty, grimey, old and very unappealing. So being all new and shiny I guess the docklands doesn’t have the ‘vibe’?

Thanks, Aaron Spence.

@Aaron – It’s a bit of a mystery to me. Firstly, I’m a father of 4 kids in the ‘burbs… so I am not the “demographic” their retailers/venues are targeting, really. It goes off at nite apparently. To me it looks like a strange place: wall-to-wall residential apartment complexes that are deserted during the day, frenetic/busy/humming at night on the piazza thingy. Daytime there are business around there — sort of — but yeah, strange.

For sure I would never have invested in property down there… a massive glut and it’s so “fake”.

Hmmm have to find out if there is one for Perth! 🙂

Has there ever been one in Adelaide? Living in Port Lincoln, Melbourne is just a tad too far 🙁

1. Google Copies StumbleUpon Recommendation : Stumbling Dice 0 bumps – 1 hour, 58 minutes ago – bump this Threadwatch It’s time for Melbourne (AU) bloggers to get together! 0 bumps – 2 hours, 13 minutes ago – bump this Alister Cameron, Blog Consultant American Blinds Suit Against Google Over Trademarks To Go To Trial 0 bumps – 4 hours, 2 minutes ago – bump this Search Engine Land Google’s No Match for StumbleUpon 0 bumps – 4 hours, 25 minutes ago –

2. have taken steps to emulate the Sydneysiders and get a bloggers meetup group going – at last glance it had 42 members, which is impressive seeing it’s only just been announced. Alister has all the details in his post – It’s time for Melbourne (AU) Bloggers to Get Together! – including how to sign up. Good touch, Alister – the (AU). It will be a bit far for blogging Melburnians in Florida USA, Québec or Ontario, Canada, or Derbyshire in England, although they will no doubt be welcome if they choose to join and attend.