The 100% guaranteed way to get a front page story on Digg!

This is not a joke. This really works…

The 100% guaranteed way to get your story promoted to Digg’s front page (assuring you of 1,000s of visitors in a few hours and the wonderful prospect of server overload) is…

Get Kevin Rose to submit it for you.

Yes, it’s really THAT simple.

You see, Kevin is the 100% man. His submits never fail to make it to the front page. Indeed, in the last 365 days he has submitted 145 stories and EVERY SINGLE ONE has made it to the front page.

So how do you get Kevin to submit one of your posts?

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever!

alister cameron, kevin rose, digg, digg.com, front page

Which raises the question.
    Does Kevin Rose game Digg?

And therein lies the problem of exactly what is wrong with Digg.

Surely Step One would have to be traffic generation – “Get Kevin Rose to visit your web-site”

Step Two is targeting your audience – “Target your content to appeal to Kevin Rose”

Step Three is maximising conversion – how do you maximise the chances of Kevin Rose then Digging your page?

Who’s Kevin Rose? ;)

Of course, now let’s just find ways for Kevin Rose to actually Digg our content.

Yeah, I have no clue who is Kevin rose….and who is that guy that is staring in my window?

Isn’t Kevin Rose the founder of Digg? :)
    No wonder the posts he diggs gets on the frontpage, hehe. With that said, think i’ll try to find his e-mail addy and send him a couple of my posts, never know!

/sarcasm

I think Kevin has a few friends who digg his stories..

Or maybe Digg should be renamed, “The Kevin Rose Effect”

That’s alright, Digg isn’t an important part of my life anyway.

That’s too funny!

I’ve seen the username Kevin Rose, but just thought it was someone being a smartass.

Truth be told, I’ve rarely dugg his stories, hehe. But then, he isn’t one of my ‘friends’ on Digg. I’ve rarely submitted stories because I don’t have enough friends to get anywhere.

I wonder if you’ll get dugg for this, or if it would get buried if it was submitted :-) The title’s catchy!

Agree with Brent Hodgson’s step1 & step2.

Actually, I don’t think even Kevin Rose was able to get a story to the front page during the Digg riots a couple nights back :-)

####Very tongue in cheek#####
    I think a quicker strategy would be,

1) Write a string of numbers
    2) Digg it
    3) Send a threatening letter to Digg demanding its removal
    4) Wait till user account is banned
    5) Blog about evil Digg

If your really lucky your site will get dugg 3 times
    1) the first Digg
    2) The evil Digg post
    3) Kevin Rose apologising (hmm maybe not)
    ##### End of bad taste #####

Of course you could always send him an email or get him on IM and ask him to make some suggestions about the site :)

@Mark – actually… his latest submitted story has hit 35,000 diggs!! I’m guessing that makes it the most dugg story ever?!

@Tim – very tongue in cheek, indeed. So… do you know his IMs?

It is really intersting… I believe that on sites like Digg what you submit does not matter that much, it is who submits it.

That was hilarious yet a good tip. I’ll definitely take this into account in my scheme to take over the world *insert evil laughter*

Digg is kind of new to me. Really need some time to look into it. :)

Hmmm… I’ll have to wine and dine Kevin. Where does he live? I need his address to send the engraved invitation!

It might have the additional benefit of getting your site mentioned in diggnation as well :)

Perhaps if we threaten this “Kevin Rose” with trampling by water buffalo, he will tell us his little secret?

That’s just awesome and a funny post. I wish you really did know how to get Kevin to post it, you probably gotta pay him!

I guess is helpful to know that

This is really a amazing story. Whatever Kevin Rose bookmark in Digg, they will sure attract many diggs by other people. I think is not about the headline. It is the username kevinrose, whatever he diggs others will like to suppport him. Seems like he has help many websites get thousands of traffic and make money for those websites.

What?
    ;)

Um Just get your own website and post something on your own frontpage. Or post something on http://www.dumpfolder.com.

26. Steven G Winstead
    Posted 7 years, 1 month ago // Permalink

What is Digg?

Wow thats wierd for sure – it begs the question of what is going on…

Alternatively you could just write something interesting enough to make it to the front page :P

Love. It. We need more blogging tips like this! ;)

True Kevin is a great guy, but sometimes I wonder if many diggers have a little overly godlike opinions of him…

Kevin is a my ‘friend’ on MySpace and Digg. Not really sure why as I am one of thousands; there is not going to be any mutual social networking going on.

Those thousands will have access to all his post updates which is bound to increase his Digg count.

In addition the articles that are Digged (DUgg?) originate from the official Digg blog, not Kevin’s personal blog. Not surprising that this blog has a large following and the Digg button under each post helps. Kevin’s personal blog just comprises of posts with links to external sites.

Who the hell is Kevin Rose?

Is’t the spammer? full time digger? digg founder? or republican?

if only i had the connections. He should charge people for submissions. Its genius

as far as i know kevin rose is one of the digg founders… so it would stand to reason that what he submits is front page.

Hmm, I knew this wasn’t going to be easy :P .

Even easier just get SensoryMetrics.com to write about it.

You can easily ping them an email from their site. You can’t get much more traffic than that!

Posted 7 years ago // Permalink

@Jobe – that has to be the crappiest self-promotional plug I have ever read (after anything and everything by John Chow). But I’m a happy man today so you get away with it. But don’t try it again!

Which brings us to the same concept of trust – Google Trust rank for example gives the #1 spot for pretty much any keyword to sites like wikipedia. It’s much of the same with Digg – The master Rose can manipulate the system in any way he wants.

Gotta update it to something more like 99.7%

Step 1 – Kevin Rose
    Step 2 – ????
    Step 3 – Profit

Kevin should be a really lucky digger.

How does this guy’s stories always make it to the first page of digg? Is there something fishy there or is it just that he has a lot of friends who vote the stories submitted by him?

What is the strategy this guy is employing? I want to know. If I too can implement this strategy then wouldn’t it be so wonderful.

now that’s funny

Does this guy have an army of diggers working for him?

Very funny post

Maki from doshdosh.com also frequently front-paged Digg. I think they’re not gaming the system, they just have millions of followers to drink the kool-aid..

hei doesn’t anyone try to search in Google or anywhere else ?

Kevin Rose is the founder and site architech of Digg!!!
    but I don’t thing that he play the game on Digg and neither his friend play the Digg game since he only has 107 friends

Who is Kevin Rose?

Hi Alister, you are hilarious! I’m subscribing to your feed already :D

well.. anyone have Kevin Rose email? so i can send him some story :-p

Good Website! I wondered if I could quote a portion of your web page and use a few things for a term paper. Please email me if that would be fine. Thanks

52. Posted 9 months, 1 week ago // Permalink

Wow this article is from 2007 and is first on google. Nice work man.

1. might be a young whippersnapper, but truthfully, Alister is an idiot. Seems like he is using the advice that he has so thoughtfully and selflessly given others who he barely would give the light of day. From your articles such as my personal favorite, The 100% guaranteed way to get a front page story on Digg!

2. The 100% guaranteed way to get a front page story on Digg!

3. s next Prime Minister caught on camera eating ear wax – 23,333 Views The World’s Largest Treehouse for $7 million! – 18,210 Views If you don’t have passion and purpose, greater productivity won’t help you! – 14,132 ViewsThe 100% guaranteed way to get a front page story on Digg!- 12,811 Views How to grow your blog by over 2000 per cent in one month! – 9,196 Views WordPress Plugin: ClassyBody – 8,229 Views

4. - good current story at SEJ about YouTube allowing advertising for their top content producers Newspaper Generator – This is quite a cool and useful tool – I can think of multiple variations for linkbaitThe 100% guaranteed way to get a front page story on Digg!- Alister Cameron speculating about how to get on Digg’s front page for everything you submit. EduBlogger Event07: It´s a virtual education event! – Steli’s EduBlogger Event from just over a month ago – it is older content, but it would be good if

5. A Comprehensive Guide to Going Viral on Digg – Like the title says, a comprehensive guide on how to get dugg more often. The article is about a step by step approach on building a viral article that works well on digg.The 100% guaranteed way to get a front page story on Digg!– A short tip on how you’ll be a guaranteed front-pager in Digg. You just have to get dugg by this digg founder and chief architect and you’re on your way there. Trivial and in case you know how be dugged by him just drop a comment here. That’s

6. Largest Treehouse for $7 million! – 29,050 views Australia’s next Prime Minister caught on camera eating ear wax – 25,925 views If you don’t have passion and purpose, greater productivity won’t help you! – 19,074 viewsThe 100% guaranteed way to get a front page story on Digg!- 15,683 views WordPress Plugin: ClassyBody – 14,175 views How to grow your blog by over 2000 per cent in one month! – 12,830 views

7. [...] real value to visitors, then there’s nothing wrong with seeding your own pages. Nicer if someone else submits it for you [...]

8. [...] The 100% guaranteed way to get a front page story on Digg! – Alister Cameron speculating about how to get on Digg's front page for everything you submit. [...]

9. [...] The 100% guaranteed way to get a front page story on Digg! » [...]

10. [...] my story of a few weeks ago, about how all Kevin Rose’s submitted stories on Digg get promoted (ALL of them!)? Well, check out Muhammad’s success rate. I’ve not done the math on this [...]

11. [...] The 100% guaranteed way to get a front page story on Digg! (MY FAVORITE) [...]

12. [...] now you could be thinking, apart from asking Kevin Rose to submit your post to Digg and the normal doses of techniques, there is no other means to do [...]