I got flamed for my birthday!

Micah is a 16 year old who think I really really suck. I’m also a snob and an idiot. I’m 38 today… sheesh, I could be his dad!!

First of all: mad props for linking to the guy who trash-talked you – that shows you’re the blogger I know and like! Second: stories that he mentioned, like how to %100 guarantee you make it to the Digg front page are %100 factual, if he bothered to read them. Third: if you’re such an irrelevant blogger, as he claims, then why did he take the time to write a long article trashing you? Anyway, I link to people who trash one of the blogs I write on (Allsux.com) but that goes with the territory, since Allsux is intentionally controversial. Again: three cheers to doing it on your site for taking a moment to recognize and link to a critic 🙂

Happy Birthday Alister, hope your having a great day.
    I can see you are being provided with some extra funny entertainment.

(btw, thanks for the pownce invite )

What a way to get (the wrong type of) attention. I notice his feedburner shows “94” – what happened to the other 233? Sorry that this dude is such a dork – don’t take it to heart.

And no, you couldn’t be his father, because your kids would know better.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday, young man 😉

I saw it too – and thought Wow! That’s another mention in your Technorati favour. 🙂

Who would take notice of anyone who tried to build their blog by denouncing other people, it just shows they have little original content to offer.

Happy Birthday – hope someone’s spoiling you.

Happy Birthday. 38 was one of my favourite years so I hope it will be the same for you.

Haha – that kid is too funny. He’s a fully functioning 16 yr old ego-centric. He calls out bloggers for being too ‘me, me, me’ then proceeds to produce a post that is all about him and how great he is compared to Alister. He is the epitome of the ‘me’ generation.

Hey sonny, check out Alisters Technorati ranking. Better yet, check out the stats on my blog (www.scrapscene.com) then check out the footer and see who is working behind the scenes on my blog to make it what it is in 5 months.

Kids these days … no respect at all!

Todd

Happy Birthday. I guess you must be somewhat influential if people are taking the time to flame you. I would dare say your 16-year old flamer has a few things to learn about the real world yet. Keep up the good work. I will continue to subscribe to your blog but certainly will not be subscribing to his!

You aren’t doing it right if people don’t hate you. And this post shows you’ve been at it long enough that stuff like this doesn’t bother you. If you flamed a 16 year old they’d be all over you with angst 😉

Very funny. Typical teenager- thinks he knows everything. Happy Birthday Alister! I’m only a year behind you and 40 is just looming around the corner, which seems utterly impossible!

38. 38. Hmmm, I used to know what 38 was. Heck, I used to BE 38!

Happy birthday Alister and, in the words of Oscar Wilde: ‘there is only one thing worse than being talked about. And that is NOT being talked about.” Congratulations on both counts, mate.

Rev it up on your birthday. It’s my “far better halfs” tomorrow … Friday the 13th!

Seems like the kid didn’t like the negative press he was getting. The post’s gone.

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes on my birthday. Sadly, we no longer have the full story here, as Micah’s post has been deleted, as has my (I hoped helpful) comment, Meg’s and anyone else’s. I didn’t get to see my own comment “moderated into existence” on his blog, or Meg’s or anyone elses. I guess deleting non-spam comments and even full posts is another sign of what I’d call bad blogging technique.

Anyway, I think Micah’s had his 15 minutes. He also got a post of his promoted on Digg, so may have been feeling momentarily invincible or something…

It’s there now. He’s calling it a “social experiment” – and comments are closed.

Hmmm – looks Micky Ego removed his feedburner stats – seems his massive readership of 327 suddenly dwindled to 94. Must have been horribly embarrassing for him – to lose so many readers in such a short amount of time. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode, “There was shrinkage!!”

Happy Birthday Alister. I guess this kid did something right – he linked to you and you took visitors back to him! So he got some extra traffic in the process – although the way he went around it I wouldn’t recommend to anyone.

Guess he doesn’t know how well read your blog is – the number of feed burner readers isn’t the only way that people view your blog posts. By the way, I only have a small subscription list but a few thousand read my VA blog a month all the same, they just don’t all subscribe to the feed reader. And I hear from some of these people via VA forums – not via the comments on my blog.

Hey Big Al

Happy Birthday my friend. I hope all is well.

Best Regards
    Theo

1. A 16 year old blogger decides to take on Alister Cameron, and call him – well, all sorts of names. I’d rather not link to the little “whippersnapper” but you can read Alister’s account at “I got flamed for my birthday” (who did post a link), or you can copy and paste this http://www.micahville.com/2007/07/11/the-snobosphere/. I’ve left a comment for Micah – I’ll give him the opportunity to moderate it. (disclosure: I have previously consulted Alister on my

2. [IMG External link]