Sparky – the official Alexa toolbar for Firefox

Sparky was announced yesterday. I installed it and I’m happy and well… yay. Been a long wait.

alexa, sparky, firefox, extensions, add-ons, toolbar

And within two hours of installing it, Firefox told me it needed to update – and guess what was the only extension that wasn’t compatible with the update? Sparky. 🙁

I had Alexa for the grand total of two hours..

Snoskred

Hey Snos…Thanks for that! I postponed the FF update tonite coz it was getting in the way, and I’m glad I did 🙂 Eventually I’ll have to tho, but I’ll wait a few days to see what happens with Sparky.-Alister

Do you think that it has any benefits over SearchStatus?

@Meg – since I have the Google toolbar, it seems that 1/2 of what SearchStatus shows is no longer needed (I look up for pagerank, not down!). And as for Alexa, this add-on shows the trendline, which SS doesn’t. Plus it does what the Alexa toolbar does, counting my site visits as Alexa data, which I assume SS did not. Does that help?

I have SS sitting up the top so I see the rank there anyway, of course it doesn’t provide the trendline (but I reckon I can live without it). According to their page, SS DOES count site visits. Might just wait a bit on this one…

Just FYI, when I installed the update for Firefox, it said that Sparky was incompatible with the update. I followed the bouncing ball and let Firefox disable it.

Then I went back to Alexa and reinstalled it and it seems to be fine! No worries!