An easier way to dialogue with your blog commenters

I admit it. I suck at dialoguing with my commenters properly. It’s been an interface issue, mostly. But that seems to have been solved. I noticed Liz talking about a WordPress plugin called Better Comments Manager, and I’ve installed it… and it’s working a treat. So expect more dialogue from me in the comments. (This plugin should be in the WordPress core.)

wordpress, plugins, wordpress plugins, blogging, comments, commenting, blog comments, productivity

Alister!
    That’s so exciting to hear you say that. The man who made it is a great guy, who’s been a friend since he started blogging or shortly thereafter. His name is Keith Dsouza, and he’s worth keeping an eye on. :)

Alister, I’ve been using the Better Comments Manager in conjunction with Brian’s Threaded Comments and have almost reached comment management nirvana (the rare spam comment caught by Akismet keeps me from total attainment).

I agree with you though – this should be integrated into the core code.

Thanks for the heads up, I would love a more feature rich comment option in the dashboard.

Wow, that is such a brilliant idea! Thanks for the tip, Alister!

I should have installed that forever ago. Perfect plugin.

6. Saul

I think this is a very relevant and interesting posting. I know that I like to ramble about issues – yet I would also like to talk about issues in a well thought out argument. How to integrate these two into my blog is an ongoing issue. Thanks for all the useful information.
    Hey, have you checked out the Postiecon conference? I think you might find some of what they are talking about interesting.

@Saul – I’ve heard of Postiecon, but not checked it out. I’ll do that. Many thanks :)

I’ve been looking at this plugin for a while now, but have yet to install it. Taking your lead – and Liz’s prodding – I’m installing it right now. Thanks.

Hi Alister, wandered around the web this morning unable to sleep and came across your plug-in plug for Better Comment’s manager, and found Brian Meidells’ nesting comment manager aswell.

I don’t blog for a living, but i like the interaction, so these are great tools. Thanks for posting about it :-)

Dude! If I were a lady I’d offer to have your kids. Odd cross gender references aside, that plugin is the bomb (they do still say that right…) I have been living with frogs on this issue for a while now and it never occurred the me to find or create a plugin that would allow me to comment from the manage comments area. Duh! This is going in my ever growing list of WordPress plugins. You sir, most definitely rock along with WordPress and all the people who spend their time creating these awesome plugins that make blogging life better for the rest of us.

Thanks again,

Charles McKeever
    OpenSourceMarketer.com

So far I don’t have that many comments, so it’s not a huge pain to do it the old fashioned way. However, I can see the benefit (and I’m hoping my DualFeeds plugin will bring more traffic!), so I ‘ll check it out. Thanks for the tip!