The Blogologist speaking at Wordcamp Melbourne 2007

This is Yours Truly speaking at Wordcamp Melbourne 2007. Many thanks to the team at EightBlack for the recording and putting it online. Simon Chen, CEO, says some extraordinarily generous things about me on that page…!

My session focussed on “evangelising” the Sandbox Theme, which is a special favourite of mine, as an obsessed web designer. If you are a web designer working with WordPress, and keen to build themes/designs on the best markup possible, I suggest you cannot go past Sandbox. I trust my presentation will make that clear to you.

My own site is built with it (an earlier version), so I can give it no higher praise than that!

Also speaking at Wordcamp were Darren, Christine, Alex and the great man who put Wordcamp Melbourne together… James Farmer.

I was fortunate to meet some really wonderful and interesting people, including Gerry, Cameron, Nigel and Greg.

If you watch the video and hear me talk about an integration of Sandbox and Yahoo’s CSS grid thingy, that’s something I am yet to get done to the point that I’m comfortable to release it to the public. But it’s coming!

Finally, there are a bunch of fun piccies on Flickr, including this one of me pointing to something important, I’m sure icon smile The Blogologist speaking at Wordcamp Melbourne 2007

wordpress, wordcamp, wordcamp melbourne, wcm07, alister cameron, darren rowse, christine davis, james farmer, alex shiels, eightblack, incsub, melbourne, australia, automattic, tagging, semantic markup, classybody, yahoo user interface library, yahoo grids, wordpress themes, sandpress, sandbox theme

I don’t think you could have pushed Sandbox any more than you did. You definitely got me thinking about using it in the future.

By the way, you spoke well.

Hey Alister,

Thanks for putting the video up (Thanks Eightblack as well), I was a bit disappointed myself for missing your presentation as well as Darren’s (had to send my friend to do some tasks, he was leaving for Hong Kong).

I love using the Sandbox theme when making WordPress themes, this theme is almost a godsend. Before the sandbox, I was using K2, which led to a lot of problems. Also, please let me know when you release your integration of WordPress with Yahoo’s JS framework. I would be very interested to see that as I am starting to use quite a bit of css-popups in my design.

BTW, thanks for the mention in the post. I had a great time talking to you too. The conversation about online identities was very interesting.

Great stuff Alister, though of course we are up to 1.1 now ;)

Blogologist and Sandbox Evangelist! Good presentation.

Thanks for heads-up to the Black Eight presentation. Was disappointed I couldn’t make it to Melbourne but this was close. The one think that I would have liked was to be able to see some of your slides that go along with this presentation. Any thoughts on loading those here are even just sending them through on a one-by-one basis.

Keep up the great evangelism :-)

I HAVE JUST PUBLISHED MY FIRST WORDPRESS BLOG. SO I AM DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO BLOGGING. THANKS

I enjoyed your video, and I’m passionate about design as well. I’m not a web-designer but like to see visions carried out. “Everything I do is educational” very powerful and an awesome way to live your life and professional career…keep challenging yourself.

Nice presentation. I’m looking forward to using the Sandbox theme now :D.

A+

Thanks for the link to the sandbox theme! Very nice in it’s minimalist approach!

Great speaking also on the video!

Well, if it is of any consolation, at least you did a very good presentation. I didn’t quite understand everything though because I’m a little inept when it comes to these things. But as I said, I like the presentation.

nice video & sandbox
    Thanks for share it.

You are FAR too kind! I’m sure I’m not vaguely as interesting as you make me out to be…! But thanks

I had a great time at Wordcamp, and we sure had some fascinating and talented people there.

Thanks for putting the video up online.

thanks! i wasted a good part of yesterday until i found this article.

1. Technorati Tags: wordpress, wordcamp, wordcamp melbourne, wcm07, alister cameron, darren rowse, christine davis, james farmer, alex shiels, eightblack, incsub, melbourne, australia, automattic, tagging, semantic markup, classybody, … clickhere

2. If you are a web designer working with WordPress, and keen to build themes/designs on the best markup possible, I suggest you cannot go past Sandbox. I trust my presentation will make that clear to you. … all the detailshere

3. Technorati Tags: wordpress, wordcamp, wordcamp melbourne, wcm07, alister cameron, darren rowse, christine davis, james farmer, alex shiels, eightblack, incsub, melbourne, australia, automattic, tagging, semantic markup, classybody, …www.alistercameron.com/2007/11/23/wordcamp-melbourne-2007/Alister Cameron // Blogologist http://www.alistercameron.com

4. [...] entertaining presentation was from Alister Cameron, who i’ve known for awhile (since he worked with Brent and Steve McKnight at [...]

5. [...] theme I haven’t taken much time to look at. However, I have to place it near the top, or else Sandbox evangelist, Alister Cameron, will be very annoyed at me.Unlike some of the others, Sandbox isn’t [...]

6. [...] Not enough convincing? Check out Alister Cameron, The Blogologist, speaking at Wordcamp Melbourne 2007 on Sandbox Theme for Word…. [...]