I’m on TV tonight!

If you’re an Aussie like me (and living here) then you may want to switch to Channel 9 tonight at 8:30pm. It may just be me making a fool of himself on national television as a contestant in the show 1 vs 100. But you’ll have to wait another week until the concluding show, to find out how I went 🙂

1vs100.jpg

Sorry, no hints.

(In the last few days I’ve been getting calls from friends and acquaintances telling me they’ve seen me in a promo… so yes, folks, it’s me!)

alister cameron, television, eddie maguire, 1 vs 100, contestant

Good luck, even though the thing’s been shot and you already know how you did! Good job getting yourself on TV.

Pretty cool Alister! Hey – why don’t you put some of the show up on YouTube? Those of us in other parts of the world would love to get a chance to see you!

Hi Al,

I hope you do well tonight!

I’ll be watching, and biting my nails for you.

Good luck!

Brent

Thanks folks!

@Randa – I’ve thought of that and will probably do something along those lines, if I’m not breaking some rules somewhere. Stay tuned 🙂

How exciting, will have to make sure to tune in.
    I hope you did well..a bit late, but good luck anyway 🙂

Finally! Will be watching with great interest – can I hit you up for a loan yet? 😉

How excellent. I was on ‘Temptation’ 2 years ago and I STILL have people come up to me and go…”were you on….?’

For those of us who don’t see it, I’ll assume you’ll be capturing the video somehow for Youtube? Please?!

Ah- shoot. I should’ve read randa’s comment first, eh? Now I look like a dork….

pity it’s a two week show – will be in the US next Monday night and miss it but will tune in this evening.

Hi there,

First time reader, first time caller. I was just watching the show tonight and when you said you were a blog consultant I thought I better check this guy out. Didn’t catch your name but my old friend Google helped me find my way.

You got some good questions tonight, was really going for you, I sure hope you did well.

Will deffinately be back.

Hey Alister, the guys in the office recognised you on TV!

I heard you got rid of most of the mob in a couple of questions!

All the best bro.

Well done, Al.
    Now I can say I know a TV star! Does that make me a groupie?
    PG

Congrats on being on the show! Did you audition for it, and how did you get chosen to be on the show? I’d love to know!

Thanks everyone, for your kind words. It was a hoot.

@Bill – I auditioned like everyone else, just to be in the mob. Not that it was obvious, but that process was also a screen for “potential” contestants (the 1s). They liked me, clearly, because I got a call in the following week for a contestants’ audition.

That went well and a whole TON of phone calls later (on a daily basis for a while there), I was scheduled in for the filming. That happened on Valentine’s Day. So I’ve been waiting since February to see myself on TV!

Now I’m looking for the next opportunity. I’m in my element behind the came… the “preening peacock” thing must run in my family or something 🙂

@Karen – I was on “Sale of the Century” in 1999. MAN! I’m pleased no-one remembers that!

15. Peter

Hey, mate. Congratulations. You did so well, in so many ways, You were entertaining, a great witness and you absolutely did the right thing in taking the money when you did. Who knows what the next question might have been?

Your kids must think you’re the brainiest Dad in the whole world!

Al, Al, Al, no guts no glory mate. At worst you had a one in 3 chance of getting it right (elementary). And what about that dude with the wormy hair style. Ya think he had a clue????? Mate he was still coming in to land from his last bong. (I loved the look on your face when he admitted he hadn’t even heard of Warney).
    Still, $93K will make you Australia’s richest pro blogger, for a day or so anyway.
    Well done mate, I’m proud of you.

Well done & congratulations on your win!

Watch you last night. I recognised your name from your blog so I just dropped by to say you did a fantastic job, and congrats.

Congratulations! I was on the edge of my seat last night, so glad you took the money when you did, 1 in 3 chances is too risky when you could end up with nothing!

I thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. Well done on your on- screen performance and congrats on getting so far. I thought you handled it all extremely well, managing to think logically with all that pressure.

Next appearance – The Blogologist Show perhaps?

21. David Brice

Dude, been a long time! I saw you on the adds, but so annoyed I missed the show. Anyway, good job… which show next?

Congratulations! Of course, I didn’t get to see it here in the U.S., but that’s pretty cool!

So, how’d it go? How many baddies did you beat? Are the questions Down Under as easy as they seem here in the U.S.?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Dan

Dear God, 93K is a lot of money by any means… Is the video available on Youtube or GVideos? I missed it cause I didn’t follow your blog then!

Fabio

Well done & congratulations on your work!

And your video is already on YouTube!

Keep on the good work.

Good Luck for Tonight!
    Love Natasha 🙂
    p.s. My favorite show too

1. – 3 months, 1 week ago on Alister Cameron // Blogologist Another great example of using Digg to help set a new blog on fire – comments 1 bumps – bump this – 1 month, 3 weeks ago on Alister Cameron // Blogologist I’m on TV tonight! – comments 1 bumps – bump this – 1 month, 3 weeks ago on Alister Cameron // Blogologist

2. [IMG External link]

3. Find A Business Easily With AtList.org! ( Tue, 05 Jun 2007 03:39:20 +0000) Warm Weather ( Tue, 05 Jun 2007 03:37:21 +0000) ?:Google’s new BlogRank Authority Index… in my dreams, anyway! ( Thu, 31 May 2007 00:35:39 +0000) I’m on TV tonight! ( Sun, 27 May 2007 21:12:51 +0000) ?:Dona Nobis Pacem ( Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:39:38 -0400) Movie: Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, ThunderCATS! Hooooo!!!!!! ( Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:39:00 -0400) This is the full do follow list kept by

4. http://harpzon.com http://microformatique.com http://swollenpickles.com http://www.rossdawsonblog.com http://www.freedomtodiffer.com http://www.roadlesstravelled.com.au Alister Cameron (yes, the star of 1 vs 100) wrote an interesting post today mentioning his thoughts on how Google’s BlogRank would make collating a list like this much more accurate. You might also notice that I’ve got a new button that links to the top 100 list (designed by myself – you