Copenhagen: a conspiracy of lies and silence! Stop being a mushroom on this issue!

Regarding the imminent Copenhagen treaty signing, Janet Albrechtsen writes in the Australian:

Ask yourself this: why has our government failed to explain the possible text of a treaty it wants Australia to sign? There has been no address from any Rudd minister to explain the draft treaty. No 3000-word essay from the thoughtful PM. No speech in parliament. No interview. No press release. Nothing.

But wait, it’s not only the PM who is silent… the media has been stunningly muzzled! Janet again:

And what explains the media’s failure to report and analyse the only source document that offers any idea of what may happen in Copenhagen? Ignorance? Laziness? Stubborn adherence to the orthodox government line that a deal in Copenhagen is critical? An obsession with the politics of climate change rather than policy?

Do you smell a rat yet?

Here’s what I’ve just done. I’ve spent the last 90 minutes or so watching an absolutely compelling video from Lord Monckton, a formidable foe of the climate change lemmings and the very evil architects of a new and coming wave of “communist tyranny” soon to land on ALL our shores.

Watch it. Just suspend unbelief for long enough to watch the bloody thing…

This is a fairly comprehensive demolition of the climate change pseudo-science. It highlights the blatant lies and distortions of the IPCC and other UN bodies who have no interest in democratic process, truthfulness or proper science. None.

There is much more to consider about the draft treaty document, but I want to fully read it myself, first. Here it is for you to grab yourself.

Copenhagen is in early December. That’s NO TIME AT ALL. It’s time we woke up from our stupor and started to realise we’re being treated like mushrooms by both the political and–even more sadly–the media establishments.

More to follow.

Meanwhile, talk to me about it on Twitter. I’m @alicam.

Wow.

Your perception is truly askew.

I endured Monckton for 38 minutes. After the first 5 minutes of verbal buffoonery I persevered, hoping he would come through with his promise of “no rhetoric” and “boring facts”. I was sorely, sorely disappointed by 33 minutes of the most absolute, head in the clouds, myopic, unhelpful hubris I’ve ever witnessed. And I’ve entertained the ramblings of a lot of nutters.

If this is the face of the climate change skeptics then consider me a faction. What a remarkably embarrassing and destructive personality to be associated with. His presentation contributes only obstacles to a debate that so very dearly needs to proceed without such obstacles.

Alister, I’m afraid you’ll have to make do with one less contributor to your clearly high value 10000+ Twitter following. As you said, “The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously”.

PS. I have no fucking idea what those “words” are supposed to be in your captcha. Can I have some of that askew perspective?

Heath. Each to his own. I agree with you about the buffoonery. I found it hard to handle. I think he took too many happy pills that day… it does his credibility no good.

Unfortunately the last 30 mins are very powerful… he gets past the sillyness and dives into some very impressive data, etc. I’m sorry you didn’t persist but I certainly do appreciate you giving it a try.

But here’s the rub: forget the messenger. And he kind of says as much. Whatever you think of the bloke, strong and compelling argumentation is just that, no matter the mouthpiece.

Clearly you care about the debate as do I and I think that’s great, so it’s doubly saddening to me that you couldn’t see past the messenger to the message.

Perhaps you can give him a second go in a video such as this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xy5_L1vJKQ ). The buffoonery doesn’t last more than a few moment but the polemic is no less strong.

I gather you’ve dropped me as a Twitter follower. Again, you appear to confuse the messenger and the message, but that’s your call.

Either way, you deserve it to yourself and future generations to read that treaty or someone else’s cheat sheet on it. It’s scary.

-Alister

Great post! Very Informative

Alister, I’ve been pushing this issue to every audience I can muster. We have another voice in Alan Jones here: http://tinyurl.com/ykcnzag and http://2gb.com.au/index2.php?option=com_newsmanager&task=view&id=5094

5. Steve
    Posted 8 years ago // Permalink

Spot on Alastair.

You’re dead right on people getting caught up on the Messengers. It doesn’t change the situation that the facts are there and very real (and scary) for anyone who is willing to look.

Well done on taking a stand on this mate!

6. BennytheJet
    Posted 8 years ago // Permalink

I have reviewed many media publications & Lord Moncktons presentations in addition to numerous other articles over the last 5 years. In summary from a technical perspective carbon dioxide represents only 0.033% of average dry air composites. Nitrogen makes up almost 80%) with oxygen make up the remaining 20%. How do we make such a big issue ourt of this carbon dioxide matter which is such a small percentage in the first place. Clearly there is vested or political interests at play & we simply do not need a global tax if we are going to lift other countries out of their recessions & poverty.

Science needs to be scientific and not be politics. I read somewhere that 6% of scientists were republicans. I think that is going to skew the data a bit. Not that this should be a political issue. We are all going to pay the price no matter how this comes out.

Good post, Alister. I’ve seen this clip before and you’re right – the last 30 minutes is the ‘meat’.

In light of the leaked email trail, and nothing but politically skewed data to the contrary, fortunately the world at large is waking up to the global warming fiasco.

Copenhagen – another joke, but not funny in the slightest. It’ll be hilariously aggravating watching Obama jockeying for position in the ‘Who’s going to rule the world?” contest.

Best,
    Scott

As you told about the period has been stable at MK140.00 against the US dollar that’s really unknown type of thing and amazing also.

1. […] April 15 Join Wall Info Discussions Photos Video Events  Stone http://www.alistercameron.com/2009/10/30/copenhagen-conspiracy-lies-silence-stop-mushroom-issue/Copenhagen: a conspiracy of lies and silence! Stop being a mushroom on this […]

2. […] in the UK to some. Very right wing. You can read about him in wikipedia if one is so inclined. Dhttp://www.alistercameron.com/2009/10/30/copenhagen-conspiracy-lies-silence-stop-mushroom-issue/ […]